The holidays have come and gone and that means one of two things:
- Someone gave you that typical I-didn't-know-what-to-get-you-and-waited-until-the-last-minute Bath & Body Works shower gel and lotion set and you're wondering what you can swap it for
- You got the universal $50 Visa gift card from your aunt and uncle because they have no idea what you want anymore and you're deciding what to spend it on
Thankfully, I'm here to make those decisions a little easier since you might still be out of it from that Christmas cookie coma. I've created a list of items that you'll need to make sure 2015 is the best year yet. From beauty to books, I've got you covered.
1. Twisted Peppermint Candle: Bath & Body Works has hit the holiday nail on the head. Take back that weird jasmine scented combo set and pick up this 3-wick candle. Not only will your room smell great, but the candlelight has a natural calming effect on your body and mind. 2015 is a year for relaxation. When you're feeling stressed, light a few candles. With hints of peppermint, vanilla and a sugary musk, this candle is the perfect scent to carry you through the winter. Better yet? It's on sale!
The Priming Moisturizer is my favorite of the four main products. I apply it under my make up every day. It has an oxygenating agent "supplies stressed skin cells with oxygen," reduces skin redness (my favorite part) and plumps skin while holding in moisture.
The Balm Dot Com is punny and perfect for any and all dry areas. The thick, non sticky formula is great for sensitive skin and keeps the applied area hydrated all day. I keep one in my purse and one in my make up bag.
The Soothing Face Mist is a rosewater and aloe spray to gently replenish moisture to your face after a cleanse at night and to start your day in the morning.
The Perfecting Skin Tint does exactly what the name says, perfects your skin. After years of patrolling the foundations at Sephora, my pale paper white skin has had difficulties finding something that matched. Because of this, I was afraid to order anything that I couldn't test out first, but I decided to put my faith into Ms. Weiss and her crew and take the leap. To my surprise and satisfaction, IT WAS A MATCH! The breathable product includes Diamond Powder that "gives a brightening, blurring and pore-minimizing effect." That mixed with the "ever-so-slight lifted look" makes this product unlike anything you've ever used.
The Liquid Foil Liners are the last two items they offer. You get both because they know how hard it is to decide. The metallic gold and silver shades are vibrant and lasting. I'll swipe mine on for NYE, but they're perfect for date night, girls night out or maybe a special Valentine's Day dinner?
4. Oversized scarves are one of my favorite accessories of 2015. They're quite simply a way to coverup my lack of effort outfit. Stained your shirt? Oversized scarf. Too lazy to find a new shirt and put the same one on from yesterday? Oversized scarf. Plus, they'll keep you warm and cozy this winter. Mine to the left can be found at Forever 21 for $8. To the right, Pinterest bingeing at its finest.
5. Girl by Pharrell is the scent of the season and maybe even the year. Pharrell Williams and Comme des Garçons collaborated on this new fragrance exclusively at Sephora. The best part? It's unisex. I have a bottle, my brother has a bottle and my father has a bottle. It smells different, yet amazing, on each of us. The Fuscardo household cannot get enough of Girl and once you try it you'll understand why. The scent is described as "a stylish wood-based fragrance" and has patchouli, cedar, Australian sandalwood, lavender, violet and white pepper mirror among other scents. It's ultra-concentrated and lasts all night. The limited edition bottle is designed by Brooklyn-based artist KAWS and each one is unique.
7. Tarte Maracuja Oil was recommended to me by my BFF + beauty guru Stephanie, so I had no doubt that I would love it. This oil replaced my nighttime moisturizer and while home during break I use it under make up to battle the cold. After I wash my face, I apply 2-3 drops on my hands, rub them together and press the oil into my face and neck. The oil from the Amazonian maracuja fruit "targets your individual skin concerns and delivers harmony and moisture for firmer, brighter, smoother-looking skin." It controls oily skin, replenishes dry skin and targets acne prone skin. It's a miracle worker. You can find it at Sephora, Ulta or Tarte.com where you'll get 20% off your first purchase! Can't be mad about better skin and saving money.
10. Skirts are the fastest way to femininity. Whether it's a mini skirt, pencil skirt, or midi skirt, you'll be able to find one that flatters your body. I'm currently into midi skirts both full and pencil. My favorite place to find midis are Missguided and Necessary Clothing. I feel so girly and flirty in a full midi and so sassy in a long pencil skirt. For days I don't want to pour myself into a pair of skinny jeans, a skirt is perfect. You can dress them up with heels, dress them down with a plain tee or edge them up with a leather jacket. Your options are endless, ladies, let 2015 be about those legs!